General paint powder applications where product is non ferrous (eg: Aluminium extrusion). Available for surface or air measurement.
ThermocouplesIn thru-process temperature profiling the quality, and therefore value, of the profile data is greatly influenced on the ability to locate repeatedly the thermocouple tip at exactly where the measurement is required from product to product and run to run. For this reason, as products and applications vary PhoenixTM offer a comprehensive range of thermocouple designs. The design of the thermocouple and materials used in their construction are matched to the demands of the application. Whether needing a needle thermocouple to insert accurately into the core of a chicken portion or thermocouple that can be attached quickly yet reliably to the surface of a painted car body shell PhoenixTM can offer a solution.
All Phoenix TM type K thermocouples are manufactured to the highest quality standards and conform to the ANSI MC96.1 special limits specification. The insulation material and the plug terminations are colour coded to conform to the IEC 60584 standard.
For low temperature Finishing applications (up to 482°F) such as paint and powder coat curing in the finishing industry, various types of thermocouples are available for either Air or Surface measurement.
The thermocouple construction is designed to withstand rough handling, the type K, PTFE insulated wires are triple wrapped with stainless steel braid, and have a final overall PTFE insulation.
Thermocouples for the finishing industry have a unique design of removable sensor (magnetic and clamp) so that when the insulated cable wears, it can be replaced without the need to buy a complete assembly. This results in significant consumable savings.
- Accurate - ANSI MC96.1 ‘Special Limits’ specification (type K), Accuracy +/- 2.0 °F or +/0.4% Temperature reading *
- Robust - PTFE Cable 7 Strand x 0.0079 inch triple wrapped insulation, stainless steel braid, and outer PTFE insulation
- Choice – Different thermocouple fixing methods and cable lengths to suit
- Value - Replaceable thermocouple cable, reducing thermocouple replacement costs for clamp and magnetic thermocouples
(* whichever is greater)
Finishing Thermocouple range
Magnetic Probes (TC50/TC51)
Ferrous substrates such as Car Body Shells. Available for surface or air measurement.
MiniMag Magnetic Probe (TC60)
Ferrous substrates such as Car Body Shells – Surface Measurement
- Compact design to fit
- Strong encapsulated magnet
- Accurate and repeatable measurement
- User replaceable cable
Long Reach Clamp (TC59)
Monitoring Aluminum body panels (Door, Hood, Roof).
Permanently screwed to test body shell for routine repeat testing.
Exposed junction (TC54)
Taped onto or inserted directly into products of any material.
Fast Response Exposed Junction (TC55)
Idea for low thermal mass products (plastics). Self-Adhesive.
High Temperature Exposed Junction (TC68)
Operate up to 932 °F ideal for high temp PTFE or high temp coating cure monitoring
Food Thermocouple Range (TC70, TC71, TC73 & TC76)
For HACCP cook validation temperature measurement is required generally at the core of the food product. To perform such measurement a needle thermocouple is the optimal design. Needle thermocouples are designed to allow easy quick insertion into the product, offer rapid temperature response characteristics helping provide accurate temperature measurement, run after run. The needle can be supplied with collar options (straight or tapered) to help maintain the thermocouple measurement point in the product during the process run.
Thermocouple needles come in 1.6, 2.4 and 3.9 inch length options to match product type and size to ensure that the sensor is accurately located in the core/cold spot.
Type K – ANSI MC96.1 ‘Special Limits of Error’ 0 to 1250 °C = +/- 2.0 °F or +/- 0.4% *of reading
Type T - IEC EN 60584-2 ‘Class 1’ -40 °F to 257 °F = +/- 0.9 °F, 257 to 662 °F = +/- 0.4% * of reading
(* whichever is greater)
- Robust - Triple wrapped insulation including stainless steel braid and outer PFA insulation fitted with bung to provide thermal barrier IP rating.
- Choice – Different needle sizes (with or without collar) and cable lengths to suit product and cooker
- Calibration - Type K thermocouple options designed so that they can be offered with a thermocouple certificate of calibration
Heat Treat Thermocouple Range
Mineral Insulated Thermocouples (Up to 2372 °F) TC22 & TC34
For high temperature applications (up to 2372°F) PhoenixTM supply a range of mineral insulated thermocouples terminated with a high temperature miniature plug. These thermocouples have an insulated hot junction to ensure maximum protection against electrical interference from heating elements within the furnace.
Diameters of the mineral insulated thermocouples range from 0.06 inch - for general purpose heat treatment applications to 0.12 inch for slab and billet re-heat applications. For thicker 0.12 inch MI thermocouples the thermocouple can be terminated with a PTFE tail to allow easy fitting into the Data Logger installed in the thermal barrier.
- ANSI MC96.1 ‘Special Limits’ specification (type K), Accuracy +/- 2.0 °F or +/0.4%
- Option to include AMS2750E and CQI-9 compliant calibration certificate (0.06 inch and 0.08 inch diameter)
- Temperature Up to 1832 °F - High temperature nickel-chromium-iron alloy (HT Alloy - Inconel®) providing resistance to corrosion and heat along with high strength and good workability.
- Temperatures above 1832 °F - High Temperature alloy (UHT Alloy) thermocouple sheath.
- High oxidation resistance and strength at temperatures up to 2282 °F.
- MI diameter, length supplied with standard termination in the thermocouple plug or with a PTFE tail.
Glass Fibre Insulated Thermocouples
(482 to 1472 °F) TC67
PhoenixTM supply a range of glass fibre sheathed exposed junction thermocouples terminated with a high temperature plug. This range of thermocouples are perfect for peak temperatures typically ranging from 482 to 1472 °F. The glass fibre insulation provides a thermally stable robust thermocouple, but with flexibility allowing the thermocouple to be handled with ease and allow accurate and repeatable positioning of the exposed hot junction (HJ) at the exact measurement point on the product or in the oven/furnace environment.
- Accurate - ANSI MC96.1 ‘Special Limits’ specification (type K), Accuracy +/- 2.0 °F or +/0.4%.
- Robust – Operate up to 1472 °F where PTFE cables are not an option.
- Flexible - Easy to handle and secure to challenging products such as glass (glass attachment kit option)
Glass Attachment Kit AC40-002
Glass Attachment Kit AC40-002
Download our brochure now. For further information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org